Would they do the same for you?


I have been seeing this type of message go around a LOT lately. And here are my thoughts on it. 

So the phrase or the idea of “would they do the same for you?”.

Encouraging people to re-evaluate their relationships with people (not just in a romantic way, platonically too). Encouraging people to ask themselves if their company would do the same as them? 

As in, would they go to the same lengths as them? Would they go that extra mile for you? And my current perspective of that is…How is that mindset genuine? What is the point of you looking out for that? Surely, that is not love, it's you looking out for your interests.  You're putting in just to ensure you get out. 

For certain things, I don’t think the concept is bad. Rather, it should be encouraged when two people share a bond  (familial, friend or other halves) they ought both put the effort in, to make it grow. It should both give and take. But I find it so wrong, to ask the question, would they do this for me?       

Because I feel, you should be doing whatever it is, out of your weak and vulnerable heart, and your pure soul. Why does that question matter?     

I get that sometimes we get tired, exhausted and sometimes and it's a question that may frolic along to make us feel miserable especially when we aren’t assured of their love. 

I get that it sucks when people don’t do the same, or won’t do the same. It hurts when you know it isn’t as difficult for them to do. But you’ve chosen to love them. And if that’s the reason for you to distance yourself from that particular relationship then so be it. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t think it should be encouraged to be thought about. 

You ought to do the things out of love. Not expecting an output or a result. Because why are we forgetting we’re doing certain things that we may not like, even hate, because we love them. I feel like this is directed towards empaths.

Though, know that love is blind, ensure you aren't doing anything that ebbs away your personality, or the person you want to be. It's always difficult trying to find equilibrium. I'd also like you to listen to Damien Rice - Volcano. It's quite insightful. 

I feel like my thoughts or opinions are so green because I’m fully aware of the fact that I like to live life wearing my rosy-eyed glasses and I’d rather not suspect or even think about peoples general evil intentions have. Or just plain manipulation, which isn't necessarily always harmful, but I know I hate the idea of being manipulated. Although, weirdly enough, I wouldn't mind it if I know it (being manipulated) and don't care too much about a decision. So I guess I wouldn't mind their attempt (I would hate being manipulated). 

I assume most people I meet are nice, or at least on the surface because that’s what is socially acceptable or like me, they’re a people pleaser. 

It’s a disease, I see it as both advantageous and disadvantageous - although I must admit I feel disadvantaged for selfish reasons. 


Side Maple Syrup - The date today is 19/12/2021.  

Comments

Popular Posts