How to choose Passwords

Personally, I feel like I select great passwords. Sure I can't remember all of them (I've got my hands up!). However, I am confident that I can help you find good passwords.

So most sites (or anything that requires passwords) atypically require a capital letter, 8 characters, a number and if they want to be extra fancy they would you want you to add a punctuation mark of some sort.


I'll list various things and the steps I've taken to create my passwords. I'll give you an example, so for one of my passwords (I came up with this password when I was 13 and I'm still so proud of it).

It was one of my favourite animals' name, a breed/ type (it wasn't a dog or a cat, I'm not that basic), and then I looked at the scientific name for the animal and then I combined it along with the 4 numbers that were assigned to me in primary school (I guess those of you aren't from the UK must be baffled, primary school = kindergarten/middle school). Anyways I combined it all together along with my a punctuation mark that defines me. Or I wish it defined me.

Step 1: Connecting things. I think this is pretty basic but important. For example, let's say someone had fixed your laptop and let's say their surname is "Baker", you might want to think of your favourite baked good is, and name it as your password for when you need to log in. It will be a tribute to them too, they just wouldn't know it.

Step 2: Select 2-4 numbers you can remember. Don't be stupid and select things like the year you were born or married. That would be general knowledge. Perhaps choose a number that can be deemed as an alphabet. We all know NOT3S and if you don't, that's your loss. Numbers that look like alphabets. 

I also suggest that you think of numbers others that are close to you say, that you hear very often but everyone else is oblivious to this. I love giving you examples, so here's another one, my friend constantly reminds me "what year are we in 1856?". She uses this constantly to emphasize the fact that I'm a little old school sometimes.

Step 3: Combine words and numbers up together e.g my favourite colour is blureen, I can't choose between blue and green so I put combined them together. Then you've got it. Combine all three of these amazing steps and BAM! You should have an amazing password.

Hope this helped you :)

Yours Truly Chicken and Waffles with Maple Syrup  ;)

Yours Truly Chicken and waffles with maple syrup (I'm a foodie too) ;)



Comments

Popular Posts